1. Lightness The 3-layered ETFE inflatable system weighs around 2-3 kg/m2 in average with the connection aluminums. This feature has an advantage incomparable to glass. This feature enables covering long spans by a lightweight carrying system. Therefore, when considered with carrying infrastructure, it provides much more economic solutions.
2. High Heat Insulatıon, It has a better insulation than 6-12-6 double-glazing by a U value of 1.9W/m2 K.
3. High Light Transmission A single-wall ETFE has a light permeability around 85-90%. It provides light to outdoor areas like outdoor settings. Moreover, the light permeability level can be partially controlled by use of spotted films.
4. Elasticity It continues its structural resistance although it can extend by up to 600% until it is torn. Its tensile strength limit can reach up to 21-23N/mm2. Its tear limit is 52N/mm2 and considered 15 n/mm2 in structural calculations.
5. Self Cleaning It cleans itself even in a small amount of rain since substances like dust, etc. do not stick on its surface. The fact that the systems can be cleaned by rain water reduces the costs of periodical maintenance and cleaning.
6. Long Life It has a life span of more than approximately 25 years due to its durability against UV, air pollution and environmental conditions.
7. Acoustics ETFE films have an acoustic permeability of 70%.
8. Fire Resistance DIN 4102 Class B1 EN 13501-1 Class B-s1,d0 NFP 92-505 M2 NFPA 701 Pass